Friday, May 15, 2009

William Hunter McGowin

Our son, William Hunter McGowin, was born May 5, 2009. 9 lbs, 2 oz, 22 1/4 in. Ronnie coached me through a natural childbirth with the help of a nurse-midwife, and it was an incredible experience, to say the least. Perhaps I will have more to share about that later. For now, please know that everything went well and both he and I are healthy and happy. The McGowin household is slowly adjusting to life with a newborn and Will is slowly adjusting to life with us. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. God is very good.



12 comments:

John Stickley said...

Congratulations!

Lory said...

That is one really stinkin' cute baby boy! So glad everyone is doing well.

Bob Cleveland said...

Well it TOOK YOU long enough, but you sure made a good'un while you were at it.

Congrats to you and Ronnie, and William too, albeit I doubt he had a lot to say about it.

Bob Cleveland said...

Oh. Change your profile.

:)

PreachOn said...

What a big guy! Wow!

And to think that my neice gave birth about three weeks ago to a premature boy weighing only 2 lb 14 oz.!

Would be interesting in about 15 or 20 years to compare their sizes!

Gary Snowden said...

Congratulations to you and Ronnie on William's safe arrival. The picture shows him to be an absolutely beautiful baby. He's a good-sized fellow too. My wife and I had four rather robust sons. Started at a good size of 8 lbs 8 oz., then 8 lbs. 9 oz, 10 lbs. 4 oz and wound up with the last one weighing 11 lbs. To be sure, my wife had gestational diabetes that contributed to the large sizes of #'s 3 & 4.

Congratulations once again and best wishes on your future in ministry.

Debbie Kaufman said...

What a beautiful baby boy Emily. I'm so thrilled for you my friend. Congratulations.

Strider said...

Congratulations from your friends in Middle Earth. May he grow strong and healthy and give much glory to our Father.

Paul Burleson said...

Congratulations to you both.

Thy Peace said...

Emily, God bless you and your family. I enjoy reading your posts. I am very happy for your new addition to your family. I prayed for your safe delivery. Thank you Lord Jesus.

Todd said...

Congratulations!

Linda Johnson said...

He is sooooo cute! But, you should have named him Ron, Jr.!!