Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Like a weaned child with its mother..."

Ronnie and I are dealing with some troubling circumstances. I wish had liberty to share more, but I cannot. I would cherish your prayers, if you feel so led. Above all else, we need the Spirit of God to give us good hearts and quiet, trusting souls. This is the meditation and prayer of my heart this week. May it minister to you as well, no matter what your troubles.


Psalm 131

My heart is not proud, LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

But I have calmed myself
and quieted my soul.
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

8 comments:

traci said...

love you honey... prayers are being sent up on your behalf. here is a big hug coming your way...

debbiekaufman said...

Just the fact that this is weighing you guys down is enough reason to pray.Details don't matter. I believe that God gives us burdens to call us to pray,He is going to do something.

It's not that God needs prayer, it's that we need it. Otherwise we miss the building of our faith. Now off my soapbox.

A long way of saying I will be praying for you guys.

UnderMidnight said...

*hug*
repeat as necessary.

Gary Snowden said...

Emily,

Praying for you and Ronnie in these days.

art rogers said...

No idea, but don't need one. God knows better than you do what you need. I often take great comfort in that, and pray you do as well.

Hang in there. He is faithful and able.

CharlieMac said...

IF only we could always pray Matthew 6:9-13.
IF we could really pray Matthew 6:9-13 with understanding.
IF we would pray Matthew 6:9-13 for others as well as ourselves.
Especially in times such as you are going through.
Lord help each of us just today so we may thank you at day's end that You provided our needs for today.
Amen.
Charlie Mac

CharlieMac said...

I keep checking here for words of wisdom and hope from you. I know others are praying for you too.
Mac

Christiane said...

Dear Emily,

I will keep you in my morning vigil prayers for as long as you are in need.


“Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.”

(Teresa of Avila)