Saturday, April 12, 2008

Select photos from London

My dear readers, I have been quite drained since returning from London and unable to muster up the energy to write any meaningful blogs. So, rather than posting drivel, I refrained from posting at all. I thought I would share some pictures with you, however, from our London trip. We had a wonderful time and love our friends, Joel and Gabby, even more than we did before. Please enjoy these snippets of our vacation. I will post more from our time in Oxford tomorrow.


The Tower Bridge.


The Tower of London complex.


St. Paul's Cathedral dome.


View of St. Paul's from the top of the dome.


Sunset through the trees in Green Park.


Westminster Abbey through the trees of Green Park.


View of Big Ben through the streets.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Lovely shots from o'er the pond. We son't be accusing you of just weekending in Branson anymore!

PreachOn said...

One correction -- your photo is of Westminster ABBEY, which is not a cathedral. Westminster Cathedral is in another part of London and is the Roman Catholic cathedral church.

Emily Hunter McGowin said...

Preachon: You are absolutely right. I will make the correction.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! These bring back SUCH wonderful memories! I MISS London -- and want to go back with all my heart.

I think I stood right where you did to take a picture of St. Paul's dome. But sadly, it was closed the day I went, so I never got inside. I would have loved to see the view from the dome for myself.

And the shot of Big Ben is a view I saw a lot, as I walked that street often. I can't remember exactly why now... just that I remember that view quite clearly.

I LOVE London. Such a wonderful place to visit. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Lu
A Voice of hope