Monday, August 27, 2007

I have nothing to say...

I left my husband in Liberty Township, Ohio.

Today he began his first week as high school and college pastor at Liberty Heights Church. Even though he hasn't officially moved yet--that will take place this weekend--and even though we'll see each other every two to three weeks until I join him in December--praise God for a generous relocation budget--the truth is, I miss him already.

In the midst of a flurry of activities, with a myriad of thoughts bouncing around in my brain, I find myself curiously bereft of creative motivation. It is as if I try to open my mouth to speak and all that emerges is prayer. I am compelled by my weakness to seek the Lord and in my thirst for God, I have found the psalms to be a deep well of relief. I offer the following to my readers because, in all honesty, I have nothing else to say:

Protect me, God, for I take refuge in You.

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You."

As for the holy people who are in the land,
they are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.

The sorrows of those who take another [god]
for themselves multiply;
I will not pour out their drink offerings of blood,
and I will not speak their names with my lips.

Lord, You are my portion
and my cup [of blessing];
You hold my future.

The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

I will praise the Lord who counsels me—
even at night my conscience instructs me.

I keep the Lord in mind always.
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad,
and my spirit rejoices;
my body also rests securely.

For You will not abandon me to Sheol;
You will not allow Your faithful one to see the pit.

You reveal the path of life to me;
in Your presence is abundant joy;
in Your right hand are eternal pleasures.

(Psalm 16; HCSB)

3 comments:

Boyd Luter said...

Emily,

I'm praying for both of you. I know it's difficult, but the Lord will see you through until December.

Luv to Ron and you,
Boc

Paul Burleson said...

Emily,

I am refreshed reading your "nothing to say" posts more than many "I have a lot to say" posts by others. Amen to what Dr. Luter said also.

Paul said...

What Boyd and Paul said.

Blessings,
(the other) Paul