Tuesday, July 24, 2007

tears and truth, 10/04/06

when i weep
for my circumstances,
i think that i am mourning the difficulty,
the struggle,
the hardship.
i think that i, above all,
should be most pitied.

yet, my spirit testifies:

when i weep,
i mourn not the difficulty,
the struggle,
the hardship;
i mourn the death of self,
the crucifixion of the flesh,
the burial with Christ.

though i think that i, above all,
should be most pitied;
i, above all, should be most envied.

every tear that falls
brings me closer to the supreme good
for which God is working all things:

that the image of Christ
be formed in me.

when you see me weep, pity me not.
pray instead,

that God, who is faithful,
will bring his good work to completion
and that I might learn
the secret of Christ’s eternal life:

surrender.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! I needed this today.