I've been tagged by my new blogging friend, Alyce Lee. From what I can tell, here's how its supposed to work:
1. Those tagged will share five things they dig about Jesus.
2. Those tagged will tag five other bloggers.
3. Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here of their meme so that others can read them.
So, here are five things I dig about Jesus:
1. Jesus let Mary sit at his feet while he taught his disciples and then explained to Martha that such a position was the best she could have chosen. In so doing, he affirmed the place of women as his disciples and elevated their status in the Kingdom.
2. Jesus taught 5,000 men, not counting women and children, but also cared enough for their physical bodies that he provided bread and fish for them as well.
3. Jesus wept over the death of his good friend Lazarus.
4. Jesus experienced the despair of abandonment by his Father on the cross and yet remained obedient, believing that he would be raised from the dead.
5. Jesus rules over every inch of the universe. There is not one atom to which he cannot point and say, "That's mine."
Now then, I tag the following bloggers:
1. Josh Carney
2. Joel Patrick
3. Big Daddy Weave
4. Peter Lumpkins
5. David (volfan007)